Sunday, June 1, 2014

L.E.G.I.O.N. ‘89

L.E.G.I.O.N. ‘89
One of my biggest regrets of the past decade was trading away my entire L.E.G.I.O.N. series. This fantastic series (written by Keith Giffen) served as a sort of prequel to the Legion Of Super Heroes of the 30th century.[Hint: Vril Dox is the ancestor of Brainiac 5, Lyrissa is the ancestor of Shadow Lass, Strata an ancestor of Blok, etc] 
L.E.G.I.O.N. ran until 94 and then changed it’s name to R.E.B.E.L.S. It has been speculated that the success of the series inspired a small boom in DC space titles at the time (i.e. Darkstars (1992), Green Lantern v3 (1990))
As mentioned in the ad, L.E.G.I.O.N. ‘89 is a spin-off from the 1989 Invasion cross-over event. Lobo got a lot of attention in this series, which I’m sure led to his own mini-series in 1990.
For more L.E.G.I.O.N., check out the Cosmic Teams! blog. A really entertaining and thorough site.
L.E.G.I.O.N. ‘89

One of my biggest regrets of the past decade was trading away my entireL.E.G.I.O.N. series. This fantastic series (written by Keith Giffen) served as a sort of prequel to the Legion Of Super Heroes of the 30th century.[Hint: Vril Dox is the ancestor of Brainiac 5, Lyrissa is the ancestor of Shadow Lass, Strata an ancestor of Blok, etc] 
L.E.G.I.O.N. ran until 94 and then changed it’s name to R.E.B.E.L.S. It has been speculated that the success of the series inspired a small boom in DC space titles at the time (i.e. Darkstars (1992), Green Lantern v3 (1990))
As mentioned in the ad, L.E.G.I.O.N. ‘89 is a spin-off from the 1989 Invasioncross-over event. Lobo got a lot of attention in this series, which I’m sure led to his own mini-series in 1990.
For more L.E.G.I.O.N., check out the Cosmic Teams! blog. A really entertaining and thorough site.

Not Found

The requested URL /blog/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

No comments:

Post a Comment